Sunday, September 8, 2013

my roommate is not from Mars!

a few thoughts on this new adventure of college life!

First things first. My roommate is not from MARS. She is a very nice girl named McKall who I get along with quite well. I will admit I had a horrible dream that all of my roommates were insane, BYU was held on mars in a space station, the air was not breathable, and I did not have my own bed. 

BUT! Good news! not only is my roommate not insane, but also the air here is perfectly breathable and the school is not held in a space station. Hallelujah.

As for the loads of homework rumor, it's not a rumor. I have never read so much from a textbook (or should I say 5 textbooks) in my life. But we all make the best of it and so far it's been alright.

Also, that monsoon last night?! (; Lemme tell ya. McKall, Kierra (my other roommate), and I went to the BYU football game at 3 pm to ensure ourselves some good seats. All of the sudden the oceans began pouring from the sky along with incredible wind and we were forced to leave our seats and take cover. 30 minutes later we walked back in, snagged ourselves some even better seats and waited for the game (now 20 minutes late) to begin. We were informed that the game would in fact not begin for another hour or two, so we headed back to our apartment, bundled up, had soup and peppermint tea and went back to the game. Guess who ended up with horrible seats then.Us. 

Fortunately for Kierra and I, we ended up sitting by my dad the second half from the second row right on the 25 yard line. You could say it made the game much more exciting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment