Saturday, August 9, 2014

the perfect point.


This post is going to be all sorts of out of order for my blog, but in the order of my life it is most perfectly placed. I still have a couple more posts I'd like to share from Costa Rica, but hey life has a way of not stopping and I just haven't had it in me to write those quite yet.

First of all -- New Blog Design!!  & I am definitely loving it. Look around a little bit before you go!

Next, here are some happenings of late:

The last week has been an emotional roller coaster  hurricane. Not even a week ago I returned home from Costa Rica, sad, excited, relived, & every other emotion you can imagine. Tuesday night I picked up my best friend from the SLC airport and Wednesday morning she left for the MTC (missionary training center) where she will begin training for her 18 month mission to CAMBODIA! yeah, I miss her already. I missed her before she even left so cue the longest 18 months in history.

Then Wednesday night my family and I attended WICKED at Capitol Theater in Salt Lake City. It was incredible. I would go again in a heartbeat. & Guess who else was there? Pres. Uchtdorf the second counselor in the LDS church. Alli, Zach, Zoe, and I all had the opportunity to say hello and shake his hand which was super neat.

Yesterday I attended the Timpanogos Temple with my dear friend Aubrey, made a quick smoothie stop, & then I purchased the beginnings of my new herb garden! I've been wanting some living, growing plants for my apartment this fall and what better plants than herbs? After planting these cute things I had a sisters night with Ali (16). & Although The Fault In Our Stars was sold out (it's okay I would have just bawled the entire time) we went to get smoothies, colored with sidewalk chalk, and ended up at home to watch a movie of our own. Heck, a day with 2 smoothies just can't be bad.

This morning my cute brother Zach (13) and I went and hiked to the "G" in Pleasant Grove which is quite a bit steeper than I remembered.

& Finally lots of pictures:



^ I know the touch of construction really adds a nice vibe and we can never get everyone looking at the camera ^

^ Pres. Uchtdorf (sorry it's not the clearest photo) ^


^ my herbs ^

                                                
 ^ hiking with this cute boy ^


^ did I mention I miss her? last selfie the morning she left ^

No comments:

Post a Comment