Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 & All That Jazz.

Happy New Year. Friday. & 2 days until school starts. 

In the spirit of the New Year I just wanted to be honestly quite real. 
I was looking through some old posts and photos of mine on Instagram (c'mon we all do it) & I came across a picture of a pretty location with some nice words as the caption & I distinctly remember that being one of the WORST days. Ever. Seriously it was awful. 
& That picture was taken in the midst of the awfulness, but no one would ever know that.
All of the sudden all of these fragmented thoughts came together and I realized this difference between being positive and not being real. A positive person may acknowledge a problem but put a nice spin on it. Maybe find a silver lining of sorts. <-- (guys, my roommates..!)
BUT if you just ignore completely the huge glaring problem -- that's not real. 

This is not a call to action. I don't want to read about people's problems all day on Instagram. Even positive spins of them. This isn't even a new problem, we all know it goes on. But I'm a pretty real person in real life (again, ask those roommates of mine), & I just want to say we're all allowed to have freaking bad days. Full of anxiety. Full of doubts. Full of guilt, or depression, or frustration, or whatever the heck you are struggling with & that is completely okay. 
I have lots. 
More than I admit to anyone. & We all have different incomparable battles. Maybe full-fledged internal wars. 
But follow me on Instagram (or whatever) and you're not going to know that.

I don't care how lovely your Instagram is
But this new year I'll be real
because I am
& LIFE is
and so are doubts
and so is anxiety
& maybe when we face the reality of that
comparison steals less joy
& we can live in the moment of our well deserved 
happiness.












































No comments:

Post a Comment