Wednesday, June 11, 2014

costa rica & the narrows


first of all, wow. I am shocked at the response to my last post, I just really did not expect so many people to see it & support it. At first I was excited & then all of the sudden nervous. Did I make any typos!? (yes but they're fixed now..ha!) I feel like the whole world is reading this! Okay, okay not the whole world, & who knows how many people will ever think twice about my little blog again, but maybe a few of you will stick around. :)

I mentioned something about a trip to costa rica back in this post a couple of months ago, & I figured now that everything is finalized and the details are set, I can actually fill you in a little bit more.

In July I am going to COSTA RICA! With my dear friend Maren. I was looking for somewhere to visit this summer for at least a month preferably spanish speaking because I'm hoping to someday be fluent in that language & after months of research and almost giving up, I found Projects Abroad & now I will be volunteering with them for 4 weeks! The closer it gets the shorter 4 weeks seems and I'm positive I will be wishing I could stay longer as soon as my time is up, but that won't be an option.

Maren and I will be living with a local family, a woman named Rosemary and her 2 young children & I am beyond excited to get to meet them. We will volunteer at a care center with children age 0-13 Monday-Friday and then the rest of the weekend will be packed with exploring the country.

I've been doing a little bit or research to make sure I get to see all of the things I want to while I'm there [heaven forbid having to go back ;) ] but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear!

I'm planning on keeping up my blog while I'm there, hopefully filled with lots of pictures & a few fun stories, so check back in!

Oh & here's some of the latest in my life:

[not pictured: I've acquired approximately 1,000,000 freckles since in the last 2 weeks & I actually kind of love it :) ]

           
^^ took a road trip to St. George and stayed with my grandparents! It was so much fun, this selfie was taken by grandpa, you could say he is an expert with a cell phone :) ^^

^^ Hiked the Narrows with the bffffff. Didn't go the full 8-9 hour trip, but I would totally be down for that sometime in the future. Please tell me you are digging the shoes and neoprene socks as much as we were..haha!^^ 


^^ sorry for the poor quality but this is us beginning our excursion ^^
 ^^ & of course we are selfie experts...sorry but I had to put this in..haha! This photo is so classic ^^

^^ visited the St. George temple, note the cutest missionary clothes we've been finding for Miss McKall :)^^


 that's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment