Tuesday, May 27, 2014

contentment & bagels

Lately I have been spending a lot of time outside, and by that I mostly mean my backyard.
Today I sat outside while I worked on my computer, wrote letters, and ate a bagel.

Which brings me to my next point, I am kind of crazy about these gluten free bagels. My coworker gave them to me a year ago, I ate a ton of them fall semester and then suddenly they were discontinued at all the whole food stores I know of as well as online...then a couple of weeks ago strolling the aisles of Walmart I found them!! [[kinda sketchy I will admit]] Gluten free, frozen section, Glutino new york style bagels = to die for. Seriously I would recommend them to all gluten free people. Non-gluten free people...you're bagels are still probably better...probably. But for those of us without that option, these bagels are divine. I would eat them for breakfast lunch & dinner if I could but I try to limit myself to 1 a day.

Today however ended up being a 2 bagel kind of day, and as I sat by my dog, Sophie, on the back porch watching the sunset and eating my bagel I felt very content about life. I also think Sophie might have a thing my bagels, but no way am I sharing those with her. My suspicions were confirmed however when I dumped the remaining crumbs over the deck and Sophie after them.

I know...bagels aren't that interesting to pretty much everyone who isn't me, & some of you might be wondering why you just read a blog post about bagels, but I didn't have a whole lot to write about and I just wanted to express the way I've been feeling lately.

I'm just really enjoying this feeling of contentment. That's not to say I don't have anything to stress about but depending on the time of year and the point I'm in at school I can be a little high-stress &
crazy, but having some time to sit outside, unwind, and keep myself company has been good.  I never thought I would post about sitting on my back deck eating a bagel (I said it again!) while my dog eyed it scooting closer and closer to my plate, but hey! there is truly a first time for everything.

So here's to bagels, fresh air, lots of new freckles, and contentment.

I'm already getting good vibes from this summer & I kind of hope it lasts a very long time.


& Because who likes a blog post without a picture?
[you're so welcome for not posting a picture of a bagel.. ;) ]



1 comment: